Monday, January 1, 2018

Devant Lcd Tv

This 32 inches lcd tv was brought to me by a man who buy junk things that can be used or resell or repaired again and he bring it to me and I buy it to him in a reasonable price.




 He said the screen glass i still okay and it has power, so i tested it and it has standby power but nothing can see in lcd because he said it has lights or the backlight itself is on.This tv include remote control.



So I pay him and I open the tv to see if its still repairable. When I open tv and inspect it I saw the powersupply board of the has darken some area and also the panel steel.


This means something happen in this tv that sparks. The first I do was to get my electronic contact cleaner made by WD4 and I spray the darkened part or the board of powersupply and clean it.Once the board has been cleaned I test some parts using digital multimeter

AliExpress.com Product - RM109 Palm-size True-RMS Digital Multimeter 9999 counts Square Wave Backlight AC DC Voltage  Ammeter Current Ohm Auto/Manual



 and found no defective parts so I proceed to plug it power source and push the power on on the tv and the tv show lights on screen glass or lcd but no display.


So the second thing I do is to check the voltages from the output of secondary portion of powersupply going mainboard and it show it has right and stable supply. I check the voltage on mainboard if it is good and confirm it is okay. Continue to check the voltage from  this mainboard that supply sourceboard that are attached the glass panel, some model or brand of lcd tv has t-con or timing control but this tv has none. So I first confirm if it has supply voltage. Mostly the supply of sourceboard or t-con from mainboard has different voltage like 5v 12v etc. But this tv has 12v supply from mainboard that has been delivered by lvds wire( low voltage differential signal) mostly you can check on red wire which is the supply line. So when i on my multimeter put it on dc range and I ground the negative probe and put the positive probe of tester on supply line of 12v confirm it has voltage  but when i follow it to the sourceboard and check if it has voltage on the smd fuse mostly it is white color or has a sign of F1on the other side it has no 12v so i wonder the fuse is open,

so i powered it off the tv and check the fuse on sourceboard if it is open and set my multimeter tester to ohm setting to confirm if it is open fuse and it is confirm open. I salvage a smd fuse on my junk board of lcd tv put it on and powered the tv and to my vision I saw a good display came a blue display with on scrren display no signal and now the tv is working perfectly.




 Another lcd tv junk has been revive and it can be used again for watching and entertainment. I hope you learned something in this article.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home