Thursday, April 9, 2015

Router zyxel model no P660HW REPAIRED

Router  zyxel   model no P660HW 
REPAIRED     APR 2015
By : beh


 















The problem of this router was not make a connection  with internet
And   the   led that indicating   the router found the link did not blink
At all and totally  no internet connection

After   opening the  machine I turn on the machine  and after a while  by touching method
And by my finger i touch all electrolytes caps all were good but one of the caps was hot like hell
Ok I decide to replace this one and to see what will happen  this is 100 microfard@10 electrolyte cap
And  the ESR of this cap at most must be 0.6  but  it was 0.10 and this is much above normal  tolerances



Ok desoldering of  two pin started by giving the heat from the pin side and pulling the cap from other side but no progress! I could not pull out the cap out of pcb despite of sucking all the solder with my vacuum solder sucker but the cap was there with out any movement?!
With close look with magnifier I found out that the cap was riveted to the pcb by a same kind of heavy metal like iron or steel  this means that the manufacturer does not like any one  or any repairer like me replace this  small cap  from pcb  that is why the cap has no movement and  stocked the pcb pins



I decided to leave the pin in the pcb and I tried to pull out the body of cap by little more pressure I could
Remove the body of cap and leave to pin on the pcb  after all twisting and giving the heat the pins still are in the pcb  by making the pins shorter with plier and soldering the pin s of new cap to same pins on pcb  machine start to work again and internt  connect to pc.
THE CENTER ELECTROLYTIC CAPACITOR IS THE CULPRIT



Still I have this question why manufacturer rivet this cap to pcb  this machine is working in the house
Or office of people and is not working as  part of military weapon or aircraft of ships  no need this much
Tightness. I remember when I was writing the article about the HP SCANNER and I was questioning my
Self with no answers  this time I am asking  this question from my self ? are zyxel company following the policy of HP company?

I refer you to: why  HP SCANNER IS IRREPAIRABLE in jestineyong.com 
Mr. Behzad Rasteen is an electronics professional technician  from Iran

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home